BOOK KYLE TODAY - IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE
Kyle is an experienced award-winning Indigenous Leader, Consultant, and Speaker with a proven track record of making a difference. Through his personal and professional life Kyle knows first-hand the tension between Indigenous Peoples, Canada, and the difficult journey of Reconciliation. He also knows struggles of living in poverty and overcoming the many connected challenges. Kyle has extensive experience building non-profits from the ground up and has been able to raise millions in donations on a very limited budget. Kyle believes in building on people's and community strengths not the gaps. Kyle also believes in creating safe places for people to ask questions and learn.
Kyle offers expert guidance for you or your organization's:
- Journey of Reconciliation with Indigenous Peoples
- Starting or growing your non-profit
- Growing your skills to become a great fundraiser
- Reconciliation / Indigenous relations efforts
- Inner-city community development
- Fighting poverty the right way
- Starting grass root movements and nonprofits
- Decolonizing Christianity
The son of Indian Residential and Day School Survivors, Kyle grew up in the North End of Winnipeg in a single parent family. Kyle's family often struggled to make ends meet, at times struggled with secure housing, and had to make use of food banks and other social programs. Determined to succeed in life, Kyle avoided unhealthy life options and has built a career that has empowered thousands.
In 2006, Kyle was brought in to relaunch a city-wide food bank in Dryden, Ontario. Under his leadership, the food bank grew it's programming to better serve the community. Also, he led the food bank through a capital campaign which took the organization from renting a small space to owning its own building and becoming the largest organization of its kind in the region.
In the fall of 2008, Kyle moved back to the North End of Winnipeg where he launched the North End Family Centre. Under Kyle’s ten years of leadership, the North End Family Centre raised millions in private donations, led a capital campaign, and served thousands of families visits a month before he stepped away and handed over the leadership to others.
After leaving the North End Family Centre, launched Kyle J. Mason Consulting and has empowered nonprofits that range from startups to organizations with multi-million budgets. Kyle is also a noted speaker who has given keynote and plenary addresses at local and national conferences and has guest lectured at colleges and universities across the country.
Kyle also has extensive experience with public and media relations and has been interviewed many times locally and nationally on radio, television, and for print media.
Kyle received the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal. He was chosen as a CBC Manitoba Future 40 leader, which highlighted leaders from different sectors who are making a difference. Kyle was awarded a Community Hero Award by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Kyle was also selected to participate in the prestigious 2017 Governor General Canadian Leadership Conference.
Since 2008, Kyle has been the driving force behind the North End Community Christmas Party, which serves over 500 meals and gives out over 600 new toys to families.
Kyle is a board member for Canadian Mennonite University's Governance Council, Kapabmayak Healing Forest, Gonzaga Middle School, St. Stephen's University Indigenous Advisory Council. He is the former Chair of the North End Renewal Corporation, a former board member of the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, a former member of the Boldness Project's Community Leadership Guide Group, and Churches for Freedom Road (Shoal Lake 40).
He was also a founding member of the Winnipeg Police Board's Indigenous Council on Policing and Crime Prevention and World Vision Canada's National Advisory Council for Canadian Programs.
Select List of Previous Speaking Engagements:
- Vision Quest Conference
- St. Paul's High School (Winnipeg)
- Broadbent Institute’s Progress Summit
- Journey in a Good Way Conference
- Inspire Community Outreach’s Family Wellness Festival
- Mennonite Central Committee's MCC Matters Conference
- No Stone Unturned
- The Belong Conference
- Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce’s Toasting Winnipeg
- One Winnipeg - The Mayor's National Summit on Racial Inclusion
- Missio Dei Conference - Providence University College
Kyle has guest lectured at:
- University of Manitoba University
- St. Stephen's University
- Horizon College and Seminary
- Providence University College
- Booth University College
Select List of Publications and Video Series that has featured Kyle:
- SAY Magazine – A North American Indigenous peoples lifestyle magazine
- Leadership Magazine – A North American magazine published by Mennonite Church USA and Canada
- Pov.ology - A video series discussing poverty and theology (Also featuring Shane Claiborne, Tony Campolo) https://povology.com/
- Tribal Trails (2) – A nationally syndicated TV Show with a focus on Indigenous Christianity
- Child View Magazine – A Canadian magazine published by World Vision Canada
- Testimony Magazine
- Seven Magazine
Select List of Media Organizations that has featured Kyle:
- Winnipeg Free Press
- Winnipeg Sun
- CBC National News
- CBC Manitoba
- CBC Radio One
- CTV News
- 680 CJOB
- Global News
- City News
- NCI Radio